So far this month has been a crazy one, trying to get used to a new work schedule and a new team and making time for myself to do the things that I love. So I am excited to sit back today and share with you some awesome feedback on this month’s topic. This month I chose love, because it’s February and maybe it’s a little cliche, but there is so much to cover in this topic.
Everyone in their lifetime has experienced love in some way, shape, or form. Love, is not just about being in love, it’s about caring deeply for another being and accepting every aspect of them without judgment. Unconditional love is sometimes very hard to follow through on, but knowing that you can love someone no matter what is a great feeling. Love first and foremost, has to begin with yourself, you need to love and care for yourself, in order to full love someone else. A lot of people base love and other emotions on happiness. Some may believe that you need love to be happy, but I believe that you need to feel fulfilled to be happy and being loved and loving is part of what fulfills me.
I am fortunate enough to have experienced love in many different ways since I was a child. A parents love is probably the most important, it’s the first love that you experience and it teaches you how to love. My parents love was a deep love that could pretty much withstand anything, and still to this day does. My mother is one of the most loving and strong people I know and the love my parents shared was a great love. Throughout the years I got to see it grow and change as we had siblings and we went through the hard times, but my parents love never failed. The love of family is unconditional and will always be there through the good and bad. As I grew up I got to experience being in love, and finally I found the love of my life, Joshua, who has stuck with me going on 10 years now. In the beginning stages of a relationship when you are starting out it’s all hearts and flowers, but as you get to know that person on a deeper level things change and the love becomes stronger, and I can’t wait for what the future holds. I also cannot leave out the love that I have for my little pup goofy. I call him our love puppy, and I will say, that dog has gotten me through some of the tough times, the love of and for a pet can be a really strong love that can sometimes be stronger than love for people. The most important thing to remember is to spread love wherever you go, because it will come back to you tenfold in ways you can’t even imagine. I hope you will enjoy the opinions and feedback below from lots of wonderful ladies from different ages and walks of life. Until next time.
WHAT IS LOVE?
– “Love is a connection, it’s powerful.” – Susan Link, Photographer, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
-” Love is patient, kind and understanding. Helping, caring and overall unselfish.” – Christe Avink, Best Aunt Ever, Hudsonville, MI
WHO WAS YOUR FIRST GREAT LOVE?
– “My Daughter, Bella.” – Melissa Pichardo, Patient Care Technician, Miami, FL
WHAT IS THE GREATEST ACT OF LOVE YOU CAN DO FOR SOMEONE?
– “Giving without waiting for something in return, just give.” – Carla Aponte, Dietitian, Miami, FL
-” Love them unconditionally, be there and listen.” – Christe Avink, Best Aunt Ever, Hudsonville, MI
DOES TRUE LOVE, BEGIN WITH SELF-LOVE?
– “Not necessarily, but I believe you need to love yourself first, before you can love someone else.” – Susan Link, Photographer, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
-” Partly yes, because you can’t show someone the true meaning of love, if you don’t know how to love yourself. However, when someone shows you love first, it can make you love yourself more than before.” – Esther Hernandez, High School Senior, Lawrenceville, GA
IS LOVE ALL HEART & FLOWERS?
– “No. Love is thuderstorms, hurricanes and tornadoes, but real love will let you see the sun rise and flowers bloom, after the stormy weather.” – Melissa Pichardo, Patient Care Technician, Miami, FL
-” No. Going through hard times together, makes you love a person more.” – Esther Hernandez, High School Senior, Lawrenceville, GA
FAVORITE LOVE SONG?
– MORE THAN WORDS by EXTREME – Carla Aponte, Dietitian, Miami, FL
-KEEPER OF THE STARS by TRACY BYRD – Christe Avink, Best Aunt Ever, Hudsonville, MI
SHOULD LOVE BE ALL ABOUT GIVING?
– “Love is about giving and receiving, it’s 50/50. You both need to be giving 100%.” – Melissa Pichardo, Patient Care Technician, Miami, FL
DOES ONE NEED LOVE TO BE HAPPY IN LIFE?
– ” Yes. We need love in different ways, from different people to be happy in life, including the love of God.” – Carla Aponte, Dietitian, Miami, FL
WHAT IS THE BEST PART OF BEING IN LOVE?
– Being in love with someone who just wants to see you smile.” – Melissa Pichardo, Patient Care Technician, Miami, FL
FAVORITE QUOTE ABOUT LOVE
– “Si amas algo, dejalo libre, si regresa a ti es tuyo, si no regresa, unca lo fue.” – Richard Bach “If you love something set it free, if it comes back it’s yours, if it doesn’t, it never was.” – Richard Bach – Carla Aponte, Dietitian, Miami, FL
Thanks to all the wonderful ladies who offered up their feedback and helped open up today’s conversation on Love.